Sunday, September 25, 2011

Church - where I'm at with it...

I have headed back to church... this is something that has been a long time coming... though in saying this it doesn't mean that I am a complete believer of what my home church is about... I can still see the little contradictions... but I am here to learn to live and accept pain... to learn how to be brave in spite of it being a difficult journey... to practice hearing others' pain and being empathic not listening with sympathy... (I'll put up a difference later).
With the development of these skills hopefully I will accept contraindications of a church… hopefully one that is the least flawed/best aligns with my values…
I hope to show this strength to my children… learn about multiple churches/religions so that they too can go through this process to find their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment